Wednesday 13 March 2013

Turkey and Gaming...

So, I'm on holiday at the moment using hotel WiFi. What's awesome is that hotel WiFi is free providing you show the clerks your key card. Sweet! Maybe the UK and US can learn from this. On my travels I've barely seen any gaming stuff, be it legit or pirated, but in one hotel I was in, there was a game room. It had two PCs on a LAN and a PS3 hooked up to a 21 inch HDTV. I didn't touch them as they didn't have anything that I would play; just Battle Field 2 on the PCs and some version of Pro Evo Soccer on the PS3. What cracked me up was the PC. They were on CRT screens. Now mind you, CRT screens are great for MAME but it was being used for a modern game. What was more interesting was seeing Turkish TV commercials whereby a PC was accompanied with a CRT screen. It looks as if as much as HDTVs are becoming popular over here in Turkey, it seems that LCD monitors aren't quite as popular.

I'll need to look into this and see why that's the case. Maybe LCD, monitors are expensive, maybe MAME is really popular over here. I'll see if I can do a little research and see why that's the case...

No comments:

Post a Comment