Thursday 28 March 2013

Duck Tales, DRM Fails and Bioshock Infinite!

Okie doke, I'm getting REALLY rusty on this blogging stuff! Thinking I can do this on a daily basis and only write stuff out on a weekly basis, LMAO! So here's a round up...

Duck Tails! Whoo hoo!

So yeah, PAX East happened, and there wasn't a lot happening until a lot of us got a huge nostalgia boner for this!


"Life is like a hurricane, here in, Duckburg..."

I mean seriously, when do you get hype like this for a downloadable only game when it succeeds upcoming Triple A titles! What made this even better was hearing Peter Monlineux whine his little narcissistic face about how this game is getting more press than whatever the hell he's doing...

Now I originally played this on the GameBoy, but when I got my NES version later on I was surprised with how close the two games are. The GameBoy version has it's levels shorten down, but the sprites, animation and music are almost dead on to the NES game. But yes, out of the many Disney games that deserve a remake it's DuckTails. I could say the MegaDrive version of Aladin too, but I highly doubt that's going to happen any day soon...

Looking at the videos and the livestreams they had at PAX East, it looks like a very good and faithful remake of the NES game. However they've made the bosses tougher as they were a little on the easy side on the original NES game.

DRM Fails

Yup, the Games Industry is slowly admitting that DRM is messing up the customer base for games. You don't say? lol!




It's a shame that it was SimCity(2013) that has caused this. I do like the game, and I haven't had too many issues with the servers, though it would be nice to easily find a damn multiplayer game that isn't totally filled, or start a multiplayer game where people join it :/ Still, it's good to hear from the games industry that they're admitting that DRM might not be a good idea...

Bioshock Infinite

Oh yes, the lovely Focus from the podcast that I co-host, Stalking the Retro, gave me a preorder for this game for Christmas. Well it came out, and it's pretty damn good. It's not perfect mind you, I'll write up a review as soon as I beat the game, and I'll tell you what's not so hot about the game. But regardless of "some negativity", it's a pretty damn fun game, possibly the best so called "Triple A Title" I've played in for a while.

In the mean while, enjoy some pictures I took in-game...




  









 






  

So yes, lot's of racism is the game! Kinda creepy to be honest, but this is a portrayal of America in the late 19th century to early 20th century. So racism and right wing religion ensues... 

No comments:

Post a Comment