Friday 25 January 2013

Whine, whine, bitch-bitch, whine.

OK, I do apologise for the lack of blog yesterday, but I'm putting this down as I'm quite annoyed about something 

So... I got home early today, in fact I go home early once a week due to the fact I have to work an extra half hour each day and my job doesn't want to pay for it, so they're happy to let me go home a little early. When I got home I found this email on my phone!

Oh yeah! New Sim City here I come!
So I got on my PC, went to my IGN account, went to grab the Sim City Beta access code to find this...


Let's say I was terribly chuffed with this... I mean OK, it's a closed Beta and all. But when you see this when the email was only sent to me 15 minutes before I tried to grab the code, wither IGN did something wrong, or a billion people tried to grab codes.

I'm annoyed, because I would love to actually try out this game as I love the SimCity franchise. But I began to read into more of the Beta code stuff, and I realised it may have not been my fault after all. Reading some of the small print, the idea is that you apply for the code, and you have to wait until 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time, West coast American time to us Brits. Pacific Standard Time, or PST, is 8 hours behind GMT (Greenwich Mean Time to you yanks out there), but here's something I noticed...


They sent the email to me at 5:02 PM. Take 8 hours away from that, and it's 9:02 AM. Meaning that they sent this email 2 minutes after SENDING OUT THE FINAL CODES OUT TO PEOPLE! D:< *RAGE*

How can they send emails out like this so damn late! If I had it sent sooner I might have had a chance. Plus I had no idea that IGN were handing out beta access codes for the New SimCity, I honestly thought only Origin were doing that. But of course...  my email gets sloppily sent bloody late and now I can't play the New SimCity!

Good thing I cancelled my next IGN Prime subscription anyway...  Screw you guys!

First world issues yo...

No comments:

Post a Comment