Monday 4 February 2013

Why do I still own an Xbox360?

OK, it got me thinking, after my last post about my little rant about screwed over you get if you're a non-live user. So...  Why do I still own a 360 then?

Pinball Simulation...


Arabian Nights without the financial limitations and finding physical space? Count me in!

One thing I do like about the current generation is how Pinball Simulation has improved little by little. Now granted, you can play these games on the PS3, Wii, and even tablet computers. But it so happens that I got these pinball games on the Xbox 360 before I even owned a PS3 and a tablet computer. But even then, that's not entirely true as there's a very good set of pinball games made for PSP that are very good too, infact I would even say that the PSP games got me into getting Pinball games for the 360.

Pinball FX1/2


Pinball FX was the first Pinball game I got the Xbox 360. And for a pinball game that's not based on actual real tables, it's a very good effort. It certainly feels like pinball, and Pinball FX 2 even goes far as including franchises such as Marvel, 'Splosion Man and Plants Vs. Zombies. Plus it includes a great tables called Epic Quest where by it mixes pinball with role playing games very well whilst mixing a good dose of humour!

A pinball quest of finding loot!

The Arabic themed table, Pasha, is a very entertaining table in Pinball FX 2

The Street Fighter 2 table from Pinball FX 1 might not be based on the real Gottlieb SF2 table, but it's still great fun!

Williams Pinball Classics

This game is actually hard to come by on disc over here in PAL territories, but fortunately, Microsoft made this available as a download for about £15. Feels a little steep, but when people are selling copies on eBay for a whopping £25 second-hand, a £15 download sounds damn cheap to me!

Medievil Madness, one of my favourite pinball machines, now to own in digital form!

Who wouldn't play FunHouse!?

The masochistic yet awesome Black Knight!

Pinball Arcade

Unlike the Williams Pinball Classics on the 360, and the Gottlieb Collection on the PSP and Wii. The Pinball Arcade is a collection of great pinball machines from Bally, Williams, Gottlieb and Stern to give you the best Pinball simulation experience possible. To do this, FarSight Studios, the developers of the game, took each pinball machine, took it to pieces, examined each piece and made a 3D model of it. Then they put the 3D model pieces together in the game to build the most realistic pinball tables in digital form.

Bride of Pinbot in all of her metal cladded glory on your Xbox 360.

The very luminescent Black Hole.

The Famous KickStarter funded Twilight Zone Table.

So with all these awesome pinball tables, with descent pinball physics, and great gameplay, plus not being anywhere close to a descent pinball arcade, my Xbox 360 is my number one place to play some good pinball!

No comments:

Post a Comment